Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Self Sufficiency On a Plate

I mentioned that the other night we were eating almost all food that we'd grown ourselves.

Here's a photograph of my plate:


Pumpkin, lettuce and tomato from the garden. Egg from our chooks and lamb chops from our own sheep. I did take the carrot off the plate for the photograph - it wasn't home grown (but was still yummy).

While this is still the exception rather than the norm, I was rather pleased with myself. :) It's all a step in the right direction and has me all enthused to get stuck into expanding the garden when we get back from our big trip.

5 comments:

libby said...

Well done - that must have been such a nice feeling.

Libby

jeanie said...

I love it when I can put a portion of the meal on the table from the garden!! The whole meal would be awesome.

Auntie E said...

It is so nice to eat your own grown food. Great Job. I have chosen your blog as One Lovely Blog. blog over to pick up your award. I really like your content and the looks of your blog.:-)

C said...

I love the new look!

River said...

But did you make the bread yourself? From flour that you'd ground from your homegrown wheat?
Just kidding.