Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bugs, Bugs, Bugs

I seem to be having so much trouble with bugs in my garden. :(

Firstly, SLATERS!!!

I have even resorted to poison (which I hate!) and that hasn't seemed to have culled the growth cycle of these horrible things. They chew threw everything!!! I had no idea slaters could be a problem in the garden but they definitely are!!!! I keep finding them intertwined in the roots of my plants that's roots are being chewed. Not unless they are feeding on whatever it is that's eating the plants.

Anything I plant is getting munched to death by something. Even the parsley I planted

I tried transplanting some strawberry plants and they all died.

*SIGH*

I'm kinda ready to give up. Don't think I'm going to have much of a summer garden this year. :(

2 comments:

LynneFtWorth said...

Diatomaceous Earth works great. It's organic so it won't hurt animals or plants. I use it on my garden. I have never heard of rolly polly bugs eating plants.

Good Luck

lightening said...

Thanks Lynne. Will keep my out for some of that. I've never heard of it either but I'm 99% sure it's them.